Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crook 'N Roll

Photobucket

Get up and rock and roll, baby. It's time for what? Hell If I know.




Crook 'n Roll

The bankers own our government
They're chargin' us to hell
Government drools like Pavlov's dogs
When Wall Street dings a dong bell!
Oil and Gas still gettin' rich;
Got profits off the charts
Don't know how they get away
Don't they have no overhead?
It's doggone magical, I say.

Groc'ry stores ain't cut no price
Can't figure out their costs
My Froot Loops cost me all my money
Dog food's gone all gourmet now.
It's gettin me to thinkin how
Bout 'liftin me some tasty kibs
But even dog food's price is high
And they arrest and beat shoplifters!
But they don't touch elitist grifters!

Bridge:

It's Crook 'n Croon 'n Roll, baby
Crook 'n Croon 'n Roll, yeah baby!
Bush and Rove and Rumsfeld Cheney
They been gone awhile now
But the crook is big and better
Maybe it will take a while
However long it takes,
What ever law they fakes
It's already too late
'Cause I been waitin', gettin' robbed
For wayyyy, wayyyy, Wayyyy toooo long.


Torture is a tragic crime
So is shootin' innocents
Judge them folks down at the bottom
Save them pardons for the top
Look all 'round the other way
Expectin' us to "C'est La Vie"
Play like you listen to us all
Take our e-mails and our calls
Pretend you listen and tack it to the wall

Don't close those offshore loopholes
Or check into them Halliburtons
Don't talk about old Bernie's billions
If he was dark there'd be some killin'
Strugglin' just to get on by
Fakin' like we're citizens
Makin' sounds like we're alive
We're Robbin' Peter just to thrive
And there ain't enough left over to pay Paul!



Bridge

It's crook and croon and roll, baby
Crook and croon and roll, yeah baby!
Old bumbling clown who's time is gone
Says "Recession's ending!"
I say let's keep hope alive
However long it takes,
What ever law they fakes
I fear that it is way too late
'Cause I been waitin', gettin' robbed
For wayyyy, wayyyy, Wayyyy toooo long.

No comments:

Post a Comment